8/3/2014 – Brian Galletta wins 45-Lapper in the Platt-Num-Galletta #28! +YouTube!
8/3/2014 – Brian Galletta wins the [Your Sponsorship Here] 45-Lapper in the Platt-Num-Galletta #28!
SUNDAY, AUGUST 3rd, 2014, OSWEGO, NY – The best group of karters in Oswego proved it again! Originally planned for a two-night, Saturday & Sunday twin-feature event, but we rescheduled for driver availability and around dark skies to just Sunday instead (5pm for newbie/rookies and 6pm for veterans). And despite the impending gloom of overcast skies and distant rumbles of thunder, we got the show in with only a light sprinkle which actually helped the track conditions out as the race went on. And although 1st-year driver Keith Raymond looked strong, lapped traffic did him in and it was Brian Galletta who fought tooth and nail to hold off his cousins Chris and Matt Stevens en route to his 1st feature win of 2014. He also snapped the Galletta’s Greenhouse #5’s victory streak at 3 straight wins with 3 straight drivers – although it did score a very close 2nd with Chris Stevens who tried to be the 4th driver in 4 weeks to take 4 wins, but came up just short when he and bro Matt ran out of track space trying to slingshot their cousin at the stripe. As usual, we had 9 drivers but *again* missed a full field, as 5 rookies replaced 5 regular veterans who didn’t make it and missed a good one. Seriously, can we get that 20-kart race I have been clamoring for on this website for for around a decade? We have enough karts to do it, we just need driver’s butts in kart seats! Well, we race again next weekend: Rookies that aren’t here by 5 getting coached-up and settled into karts may not qualify for the veteran feature. Veterans who do not arrive on time lose their handicap starting spot. Rookies must know flags and understand that there is a 3-caution-and-you’re-out rule in effect. See you there! Now to the race details:
Rookie Retcon Race (8-lap heat)
Newbie / Rookie heat went down . Yep. Three rookies.
1. Eddie Bristol (Platt-num / Galletta #42)
2. Chris Larkin (Galletta’s Greenhouse #9)
3. Mike Harrington (Galletta’s Greenhouse #1)
[Unscored Regular Drivers]
4. DNF – Keith Raymond (Raymond #88) [*unscored race]
5. DNF – Adam Lytle (Lytle Racing #33c) [*unscored race]
* = For some reason, two regular drivers went out too, and wrecked, so I believe it was only practice for them. Unless credit for it it gets banked for a future missed race.
1. Keith Raymond (Raymond #88)
2. Brian Galletta (Platt-num/Galletta #28)
3. Adam Lytle (Lytle Racing #33c)
4. Melissa Stevens (Scissors n’ Fur #19)
5. Chris Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse #5)
6. Matt Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse/Chrusher.com #74)
7. Eddie Bristol (Platt-num / Galletta #42)
8. Chris Larkin (Galletta’s Greenhouse #9)
9. Mike Harrington (Galletta’s Greenhouse #1)
1st-year driver Keith Raymond (#88) looked strong leading the early going. In fact, he pulled away from the rest of the field and looked like he was going to have a shot at running away and hidding. But inexperience hurt him here, as he got trapped behind rookie drivers and got passed by Brian Galletta (Galletta-Platt-num #28), Chris Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse #5), and Matt Stevens (Galletta’s #74).
Basically, these four battled bumper-to-bumper the entire race. Chris and Matt passed each other back and forth multiple times trying to get by their cousin.
Chris and Matt passed each other back and forth multiple times trying to get by their cousin.
The three drivers – who have raced each other since the early 1990s – battled back and forth all day.
Brian has a little tunnel vision here, as he unknowingly cut Matt off and nearly into camera-woman Rungnapha “Aou” Stevens’ garden!
Matt and Chris both attempted to slingshot Brian on the last lap. However, very Three-Stooges-like, they bonked into each other trying to get into the same space on the track. Brian holds on, triumphant!
FINAL ORDER OF FINISH
1. Brian Galletta (Platt-num/Galletta #28)
2. Chris Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse #5)
3. Matt Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse/Chrusher.com #74)
4. Keith Raymond (Raymond #88)
5. Chris Larkin (Galletta’s Greenhouse #9)
6. Mike Harrington (Galletta’s Greenhouse #1)
7. Melissa Stevens (
Scissors n’ Fur #19, #80, Galletta’s #6)
8. Eddie Bristol (Platt-num/Galletta #42)
9. Adam Lytle (Lytle Racing #33c)
Now to the 19th Annual Season Gas Flathead Karting World Championship at Galletta’s Greenhouse Backyard Speedway Points!
2014 Gas Flathead National Championship / 2014 Galletta’s Greenhouse Karting Speedway Point Standings
(As of completion of 8/3/2014’s race event.; MAKEUPS ADDED, except Quitty-N00bs who earned makeup points, but quit after 1 race, as they will likely never cash the points in, meaning I spend more time and energy tallying their points than they did racing)
Handicap for Next Race – 8/10/2014 :
||Average Points Per Race||Feature Wins||Feature