8/16/2015 – Adam “AJ” Lytle scores 49-lap/11-Kart win [+YouTube Video]
8/16/2015 – Adam “AJ” Lytle scores an odd
50 49 lap victory, per what he requested!
More sizes of victory picture: [800 pixels] [1080 pixels] [1280 pixels]
SUNDAY, AUGUST 16th, 2015, OSWEGO, NY – With the unfortunate cancellation of a scheduled 1st Annual memorial race due to not enough drivers Friday, racing was rescheduled to Sunday. Adam Lytle used his rebuilt steering well, as he successfully guarded the pole position for 50 laps, fighting off pass attempts by Keith Raymond, Matt Stevens and Chris Stevens (which just happened to be the last three feature winners!). In the past, Lytle jokingly requested an oddball numbered feature race, and he somewhat got it, as a rookie spun off the tack on the 2nd to last lap, the tower signalled caution while the starter tower did not, and despite running 50 under green, he technically got his oddball 49-lap number and his 4th career feature win! Results, pics, and points up, YouTube video soon!
50-LAP FEATURE START:
1. Adam Lytle (Lytle Racing #33c)
2. Keith Raymond (Good Guys Barbershop #88)
3. Matt Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse #78)
4. Chris Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse #5)
5. Tyler Buskey (Galletta’s Greenhouse #7)
6. Rodney Buskey (Galletta’s Greenhouse #9)
7. Melissa Stevens (Scissors n’ Fur #19) [choice from 1st or last]
The racing has been getting more intense and competitive of late, a two-fold result due to (1) improving veterans, and (2) more talented rookies joining the racing – including now father & son team of Rodney & Tyler Buskey.
Keith Raymond attempted to pass polesitter Adam Lytle at the drop of the green, but when unable to do so, got express train passed by Matt and Chris.
Matt also attempted a pass and failed, then getting passed by Chris! Matt sadly blew the engine on the Galletta’s/Woolworth #78 and jumped into his trusty ol’ Galletta’s Greenhouse #3 for the final circuits. Remember, if you hop into a backup during a regular season race, you can do it unlimited times, but it costs -5 points. And if you use a repair time out in the regular season (you only have 3 per year and they can roll over to Klassic), now new this year you also lose -5 points.
Some shots from Matt’s helmet cam in both karts used.
Matt had to work to get by the rookies, but he kind of lucked out on a restart with a few laps to go when Keith Raymond made some contact with Chris Stevens and both skidded too high into the loose dirt in turn one, enabling the #3 to scoot by both! He then closely hounded Adam for the final circuits, but Lytle held him off for the win!
50-LAP FEATURE FINISH:
1. Adam Lytle (Lytle Racing #33c)
2. Matt Stevens (
Galletta’s Greenhouse/Woolworth #78; Galletta’s Greenhouse #3)
3. Chris Stevens (Galletta’s Greenhouse #5)
4. Tyler Buskey (Galletta’s Greenhouse #7)
5. Keith Raymond (Good Guys Barbershop #88)
6. Rodney Busker (Galletta’s Greenhouse #9)
7. Melissa Stevens (Scissors n’ Fur #19) – DNF
MAKEUP RACE CREDITS:
8. Kevin Galletta (Galletta Bros. #28) – from 1st in 8/22/2015 Makeup race
9. Ray Lewis (Galletta Bros. #54) – from 2nd in 8/22/2015 Makeup race
10. Brielle Wilkins (Galletta’s Greenhouse #1) – from 4th in 8/22/2015 Makeup race
11. Kristina McCann (Galletta’s Greenhouse #2) – from 5th in 8/22/2015 Makeup race
Before the points were tallied, we held a makeup race…
8/22/2015 – Kevin Galletta wins the Kristina McCann Invitational & Kart Swap Meet 25!
SATURDAY, AUGUST 22nd, 2015, OSWEGO, NY – This weekend will be a double-header at Galletta’s! A special make-up/rookie/powderpuff makeup race was held on Saturday, which went to Kevin Galletta (in the Galletta Bros. #28). This race was originally scheduled a few weeks in advance for Kristina McCann and friends, but wound up also evolving into a race for any racers who needed a makeup race (including a few rookies learning the quickest line and the karts), which we usually hold BEFORE the regular races, but we got them out of the way a day early. Also a rarely-used for-sale kart was sold to a new rookie race team (their 2nd now), which makes two karts back on track for regular racing again. The racing continues Sunday for the regular points race will be held Sunday, August 23rd, 2015 at roughly 6pm.
8/21/2015 MAKEUP RACE FINISH:
1. Kevin Galletta (Galletta #28) – counts for 8th in 8/16/2015 50-lapper
2. Ray Lewis (Galletta #54) – counts for 9th in 8/16/2015 50-lapper
3. Tyler Buskey (Buskey #87) – counts for 8th & 8th in both 8/7/2015‘s 35 and 25 lap races
4. Brielle Wilkins (Galletta’s #1) – counts for 10th in 8/16/2015 50-lapper
5. Kristina McCann (Galletta’s #2) – counts for 11th in 8/16/2015 50-lapper
2015 Gas Flathead National Championship / 2015 Galletta’s Greenhouse Karting Speedway Point Standings
As of completion of 6/7/2015 – 8/16/2015’s race events in the 20th Annual World Championship of Clockwise Gas Stock Flathead Karting